Misdemeanors are separated into three classes: Class A, Class B, and Class C.
The maximum sentence for a Class A misdemeanor is 11 months and 29 days and up to a $2,500 fine. Class B misdemeanors have a maximum sentence of 6 months, and Class C misdemeanors have a maximum of 30 days.
Types of Class A misdemeanors:
- Theft under $1,000
- Vandalism under $1,000
- Driving Under the Influence
- Domestic Assault
- Simple Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Types of Class B misdemeanors:
- Driving on Suspended/Revoked License
- Reckless Endangerment
Types of Class C misdemeanors:
- Handheld Device to be Carried/ Texting While Driving
- Public Intoxication
- Disorderly Conduct